Contact Information

CNB News – A third woman has accused New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo of unwanted sexual advances, joining two former aides to the governor who previously released their own accounts.

Anna Ruch, 33, told The New York Times in an interview published Monday evening that she met Cuomo in 2019 at a wedding, during which the governor, 63, put his hand on her lower back. After she says she removed his hand, Cuomo then placed his hand on her cheeks before asking if he could kiss her. A photograph of Cuomo with his hands on her face was provided to the Times.

“I was so confused and shocked and embarrassed,” she told the newspaper. “I turned my head away and didn’t have words in that moment.”

A spokesperson for the governor’s office referred the Times to a statement previously released by Cuomo on Sunday, in which he admitted to instances where he may have been “insensitive” after two former aides, Lindsey Boylan and Charlotte Bennett, came forward with their own accusations in the last week. Boylan accused the governor of kissing her without her consent.

“As we said before, Ms. Boylan’s claims of inappropriate behaviour are quite simply false,” the governor’s press secretary said in a statement at the time.

Cuomo faces pressure from numerous New York Democratic figures as well as outside advocacy groups to resign. On Monday, New York Attorney General Letitia James (D) said she would “move forward” on launching an investigation into the allegations against Cuomo after she received a proper referral from the governor’s office.

New York City’s mayor, Bill de Blasio (D) reiterated his call for Cuomo to resign in a statement before Ruch’s interview was published.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *