CNB News – President Buhari has sacks Maikanti Baru as the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation NNPC approved the appointment of Mr. Mele Kolo Kyari as the new GMD of the oil corporation.
This was disclosed in a statement released by NNPC’s Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division, Ndu Ughamadu, this morning Thursday June 20th.
President Buhari has also appointed alongside Kyari, seven new Chief Operating Officers.
Until his new appointment, Kyari, a geologist, was Group General Manager, Crude Oil Marketing Division of NNPC and also doubled, since 13th May, 2018, as Nigeria’s National Representative to the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, OPEC.
President Buhari directed that the New GMD and the newly appointed COOs work with the current occupiers of the various offices till 7th July, 2019 towards a smooth transition on 8th July 2019 when their appointments would take effect.
The newly appointed Chief operating officers are:
1. Roland Onoriode Ewubare (South-South) – Chief Operating Officer, Upstream
2. Mustapha Yinusa Yakubu (North Central) – Chief Operating Officer Refining and Petrochemicals
3. Yusuf Usman (North East) – Chief Operating Officer, Gas and Power
4. Lawrencia Nwadiabuwa Ndupu (South East), Chief Operating Officer Ventures
5. Umar Isa Ajiya (North West) – Chief Financial Officer
6. Adeyemi Adetunji (South West) – Chief Operating Officer, Downstream and
7. Farouk Garba Said (North West) – Chief Operating Officer, Corporate Services.